Quicker response time. Fast and user friendly. Self-governing server technology. AJAX communicates over HTTP Protocol. Supports Client-side template rendering.
Can update a specific component of a web page.
- User makes a request via API from the client-side that directly goes to XMLHttpRequest object.
- HTTP Request is sent to the server by XMLHttpRequest object transfers the HTTP request to the webserver.
- The remote server communicates with the database using the preferred programming language.
- Data is fetched from the server.
- The server sends data in the form of XML or JSON to XMLHttpRequest.
- Shows data on the browser that is retrieved from a server using HTML and CSS.
- Node.js Gatsby error – “digital envelope routines::unsupported …”.
- Cancel requests. Supports the Promise API.
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged vue.jsvue-cli or ask your own question.
Intercept request and response. Make http requests from node.js. Automatic transforms for JSON data. Transform request and response data. Make XMLHttpRequests from the browser. Client side support for protecting against XSRF. The Fetch API provides an interface for fetching resources (including across the network).
It will seem familiar to anyone who has used XMLHttpRequest, but the new API provides a more powerful and flexible feature set.MDN Doc.
Vue API Request provides a full control on your APIs, making the calls simple, fast and easy to implement. Also, your code will be cleaner and more elegant. Package is installable via NPM. It will set window.VueApiRequest as the module.
You have to import the library and use as a Vue plugin to enable the functionality globally on all components.
You may also set your own default configuration, so you don't need to customize every time each ApiRequest component. You are still able to customize a specific component using props.
The 'options' variable above is equivalent of:. Go to Demo & Docs to further informations. For detailed explanation on how things work, checkout the guide and docs for vue-loader. MITCopyright (c) 2017 Felipe Gibran . Below is a quick set of examples to show how to send HTTP GET requests from Vue to a backend API using the axios HTTP client which is available on npm. Other HTTP examples available:. Vue + Axios: POST.
Vue + Fetch: GET, POST. React + Fetch: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE. React + Axios: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE. Angular: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE.
Blazor WebAssembly:GET, POST. Axios: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE. Fetch: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE. With the npm CLI: npm install axios. With the yarn CLI: yarn add axios.
This sends an HTTP GET request from Vue to the npm api to search for all vue packages using the query q=vue, then assigns the total returned in the response to the component data property totalVuePackages so it can be displayed in the component template.