Vue js ajax form submit example. In this tutorial, you will learn how to use ajax with forms in vue js app.
This tutorial will guide you step by step on how to use ajax request with forms in vue js app.
And you can easily pass form data with ajax post request in vue.js. Just follow the following steps and learn how to get checked checkbox value in vue js app with v-model:.
Step 1 – Create New VUE JS App. Step 2 – Install Library For Ajax. Step 3 – Create Component. Step 4 – Add Component on main.js. In this step, open your terminal and execute the following command to create new vue js app:.
In this step, open your terminal and execute the following commands to install vue axios in your vue js app:.
In this step, visit /src/components directory and create a new component called HelloWorld.vue and add the following code into it:. In this step, visit /src/ directory and main.js file.
- And then add the following code into it:. Vue js ajax form submit example. In this tutorial, you have learned how to use ajax with forms in Vue js app. Recommended:-Vue Js For Loop (v-for) Example Tutorial. Recommended:-Vue JS – Add Class To Element On Click Tutorial Example.
- Recommended:-Vue JS – Google Map Integration Example. Recommended:-Vue Js Login and Registration Example. Recommended:-Vue JS Image Upload Preview Example. Recommended:-Vue Js Google Line Charts Tutorial Example. Recommended:-Vue Js Reverse Array Tutorial Example. Recommended:-Vue Js Remove Item From Array Example. Recommended:-VUE JS Get Selected Value of Dropdown Example.
- Recommended:-Vue JS Checkbox Checked Event Example. Recommended:-Vue JS – How to Download File using Axios Tutorial. Recommended:-Vue JS Radio Button OnChange Event Example. Recommended:-Vue JS Add Multiple Markers on Google Maps Example. Recommended:-Vue JS Get Query String Parameters Tutorial.
Recommended:-Vue Js keydown Event Tutorial Example. Modified2 years, 4 months ago. I am trying to make the change from jQuery to Vue.js and am having some difficulty running an Ajax Call using vueresource.
Below is a sample script I am using, with both jQuery and Vuejs.
Both trying to access the same ajax call. The jQuery call works, the vuejs call doesn't. The sendAjax method is being called because the first 2 alerts show - then nothing.
Edit - this is only causing an error while running the Ajax call through Wordpress.
Recommended VUE JS Tutorials
Outside of WP, it does work. 2525 bronze badges. You AJAX call probably encounters an error and you handle only the successful calls.
Please extend your sendAjax function like this:. Now an error should be alerted. BTW: It is better to use console.log() instead of alert(), it is much more readable and you won't have to confirm every alert.
How to Submit Form using Ajax in Vue JS
- 55 gold badges2323 silver badges3939 bronze badges. 3939 bronze badges. After @mbuechmann pointing me to be able to see the actual error, I was able to determine that the issue I was having was actually to do with Wordpress.
- In order to use the Wordpress Ajax handler, you need to send an action to the REQUEST header. To do this, you need to send FormData, and without sending headers.
- This code was found in this question : Custom Shortcode AJAX 400 Bad Request and enabled me to get my Fetch working with Wordpress.
Vue.js is used as a front-end framework, and if you ever want to communicate with a server, to retrieve or store information to a database or perform some calculations on your data you will most likely need AJAX.
- Even though AJAX can be used by creating an XMLHttpRequest object, which will be available through the browser.
- There are certain packages that can help us communicate with our server.
- Vue.js has an official package which is called vue-resource which works as an HTTP client, but the official documentation suggests using Axios.
- Axios is an HTTP client and it can be installed into our package.json dependencies via your package manager of choice, be it NPM or Yarn:.
- After the installation, we can set up a minimalistic test component for demonstration purposes:.
Requests to a server over HTTP take a certain amount of time to return with a response, and, to make sure the information shown to the user is correct, promises will have to be used to make sure the data has returned before continuing with our code execution.
Free eBook: Git Essentials
To use it in a component, we simply import the package and assign it to a variable:.
Generally, API calls are performed inside the mounted Vue lifecycle hook. We are going to be using a mock JSON data service called JSONPlaceholder.
This is a simulation for what a back-end endpoint will look like when hitting a REST API:. In the code example above, the component is rendered before the information from JSONPlaceholder has arrived.
Therefore, the usage of promises will make sure we can handle the data and add it to our view.