Fix Webcam Not Working on Windows 10 – 6 Tips
This post teaches you how to download and update webcam or camera driver on Windows 10 so that your built-in or external webcam/camera can well communicate with your computer.
Some tips to fix webcam not working on Windows 10 are also included. More computer solutions and utilities, please visit MiniTool Software official website. If the webcam driver is missing on your Windows 10 computer, your webcam/camera can’t work. Still, keeping the webcam driver up-to-date can make the webcam or camera run well on your Windows 10 computer.
Below you can learn how to download and update webcam driver on Windows 10. Check the Windows 11 price and how to get Windows 11 license/product key in 3 ways. Easily activate your Windows 11 PC or laptop.
How to Download and Install Webcam Driver on Windows 10
How to Update Webcam/Camera Driver on Windows 10
Generally, when you connect your webcam to your Windows 10 computer the first time, your computer will automatically install the corresponding driver for the webcam. If your computer doesn’t install the webcam driver, you can manually download the webcam driver on your PC.
Newly added webcams
Check the model of your webcam or camera. Go to the manufacturer's website of the device to search and download the driver for the webcam. After downloading, you can click the setup file to install the webcam driver. What’s the Windows 11 release date? Microsoft revealed the first Insider Preview of Windows 11 on June 24, 2021. The official release date may be October 2021.
Operating System Support:
Press Windows + X and click Device Manager to open Device Manager on Windows 10. In Device Manager, expand Imaging devices, Cameras or Sound, video and game controllers. Find and right-click your webcam, select Update driver. Click Search automatically for updated driver software to install the latest webcam driver software on Windows 10.
There are no Spare Parts available for this Product
Wonder where and how to download drivers for Windows 10? This post introduces 5 ways to help you download and install the latest Windows 10 drivers.
If your webcam or camera is not working on your computer, you may try the tips below to fix webcam not working on Windows 10 issue.
- Restart your computer.
- Check your camera cable connection, try another cable or computer USB port, and test your webcam with some free webcam test tools.
- Update webcam driver on Windows 10.
- You can follow the guide above to update your webcam driver to the latest version.
Reinstall or roll back the webcam or camera driver on Windows 10.
- You can press Windows + X and select Device Manager.
- Expand Imaging devices, Cameras or Sound, video and game controllers. Right-click your webcam and select Properties.
- Click Driver tab and select Uninstall device to remove the webcam driver on Windows 10.
- Restart your computer and it will automatically install the webcam driver. If you want to roll back the webcam driver to an old version, you can click Roll Back Driver to install the old version of the webcam driver.
- Update Windows 10 computer to fix possible computer bugs. Click Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update -> Check for updates to update Windows 10 to the latest version.
- You can temporarily disable your antivirus program in case the antivirus software blocks the webcam driver.
- End here, you know how to download, install, update, uninstall and reinstall webcam driver on Windows 10.
If the webcam is not working, you can try the fixes to solve the issue. For more computer tips and tricks, you can go to MiniTool Software website. MiniTool also provides some free software like MiniTool Power Data Recovery, MiniTool Partition Wizard, MiniTool MovieMaker, etc.
Check how to update Windows 11/10 to download and install the latest updates to make your Windows PC or laptop run well.
- Supports both 32-bit and 64-bit systems. Easy to use and designed for your professional needs, Logitech webcams for business can enhance communications, improve productivity, and save time and money in associated travel costs.
- Software Version: 2.0.1. Last Update: 2010-09-22.
- OS: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (or older). File Size: Approximately 17 megabytes.
- Check our Logitech Warranty here. Show All Downloads . 0">Product Specific Phone Numbers. 0">Main Phone Numbers.
Would you like to travel the world? Webcamtaxi takes you there!
Spain/Balearic IslandsMallorca, Sea, Beach. Spain/Balearic IslandsCity, Island, Landscape, Mallorca. Usa/New YorkZoo and Safari, Animals. England/North YorkshireAnimals. Brazil/AmazonasSea, City, Beach. Poland/Lower SilesianTraffic.
Netherlands/GroningenTraffic, City, Landscape. Mexico/Quintana RooHotels & Resorts, Sea, Pool. Mexico/GuerreroBeach, Boats.
Make the Most of your warranty
Usa/MinnesotaBeach, Landscape, Lake. Webcamtaxi is a platform for live streaming HD webcams from around the globe that will give you the opportunity to travel live online and discover new and distant places. If you are passionate about travelling, we are the right choice for you. By choosing a specific location or interest, or clicking on our Interactive Webcam Map, you can go from Italy to Japan, from England to the USA, from Canada to France or Portugal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Modern or historical cities, sunny places or snow-covered ski resorts, and even outer space are just a click away! From live beach cameras to street cams, we will show you people, traffic, monuments, and so much more!