This assistant is for those who wish to:
- You will need to download the Windows 11 install file and then create a bootable DVD or flash drive.
Before you begin, check to see if the following conditions apply to you:
- Visit the IS&T Software Grid and locate Windows 10.
- Then click Proceed to licensing. Read then click proceed to license agreement.
- Read then click I agree to and accept the terms aboveResult: The Download Windows Software page opens. Click to download Windows 11 Enterprise DVD image 64-bit (ISO format). Create a bootable DVD or USB Drive with Windows 11.For instruction on how to create a bootable DVD or USB drive for installing Windows see the article How do I create bootable USB drives for ISO files on a Windows machine?
- Insert the Windows 11 install media (DVD or flash drive).
After you download the Installation Assistant:
- Restart your computer while holding the F12 function key.Result: You will see a list of Boot Options.
- Using the arrow keys select either CD/DVD/CD-RW Drive or, USB Storage device. Then press the Enter key.Result: The media will boot into the language confirmation page.
- Confirm your language preferences and click Next. Click Install Now. Select Windows 11 Enterprise and then click Next.
- Click Accept License Terms and then click Next. Click Custom: Install Windows Only (Advanced). Select the hard drive onto which you would like to install Windows 11.
Note: Windows 11 Installation Assistant doesn’t run on ARM-based PCs. It’s only supported for PCs using x64 processors. If you need installation media to install Windows 11 on a different PC, see Create Windows 11 Installation Media.