We have continued our compatible by design approach from Windows 10 to Windows 11, through our multiple efforts across validation, discovery and partner outreach. Based on these efforts, we have a positive signal of the continued compatibility with Windows 11, to the same standard as Windows 10. For cases where changes may cause a compatibility issues, the App Assure program provides the necessary support to ensure that our commercial customers can upgrade safely. In addition to App Assure, Test Base for Microsoft 365 enables our partners to onboard apps to a managed environment and validate.
We recommend that all our partners continue to support the confidence of our shared customers in the new version of Windows by validating that apps are fully functional on Windows 11. The following are a set of guidelines for validation steps specific to the changes made in Windows 11. We will be updating this documentation over time.
Hardware and Software Requirements
There are new minimum hardware requirements for Windows 11. In order to run Windows 11, devices must meet the hardware specifications. Devices that do not meet the hardware requirements cannot be upgraded to Windows 11.
- This post composed by MiniTool group mainly introduces you with 2 solutions to check for the compatibility of your current computer to see whether it is eligible to run the next-generation Windows 11 or not.
- Update: The official Windows 11 is already available since October 5, 2021.
- 09/10/2021 update: PC Health Check has returned back!
- Updated 06/28/2021: Microsoft is temporarily removing PC Health Check so that its teams can address the problem that the app doesn't offer much details about why target PC can't run Windows 11.
- Microsoft will get the tool back online in preparation for general availability this fall.
- During the period when PC Health Check is down, you can use its alternatives like WhyNotWin11 or Win11SysCheck to do Windows 11 ready check. Officially, Windows 11 is not here yet, but will be coming soon.
If you are excited about it, you can do some things in the meantime to get ready for installing Windows 11 once it comes out.
One of the preparations you can do is to check PC part compatibility of your current computer, desktop or laptop, to see whether it is compatible with Windows 11 or not. As for PC compatibility checker for Win11, generally, there are two methods.