This assistant is for those who wish to:
- As featured in:. This assistant is for those who wish to upgrade a Windows 10 PC to Windows 11.
Before you begin, check to see if the following conditions apply to you:
- Before you begin, check to see if the following conditions apply to you:.
- You have a Windows 10 license. Your PC must have Windows 10, version 2004 or higher installed to run Installation Assistant.
- Your PC meets the Windows 11 device specifications for upgrade requirements and supported features. Certain features require additional hardware. We also recommend that you visit your PC's manufacturer's website for information about updated drivers and hardware compatibility.
- Your PC must have 9 GB of free disk space to download Windows 11.
After you download the Installation Assistant:
- After you download the Installation Assistant:. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
- Once the tool confirms the device hardware is compatible, you will be presented with the license terms. Select Accept and Install.
- Once the tool is ready, click the Restart Now button to complete installation on your computer.
- It might take some time to install Windows 11, and your PC will restart a few times. Make sure you don't turn off your PC.
Note: Windows 11 Installation Assistant doesn’t run on ARM-based PCs. It’s only supported for PCs using x64 processors. If you need installation media to install Windows 11 on a different PC, see Create Windows 11 Installation Media.