This assistant is for those who wish to:
- Windows Media Creation Tool is a Microsoft-licensed programme that lets you download the latest version of their operating system for free.
Before you begin, check to see if the following conditions apply to you:
- You can also create a portable ISO to install it on another PC or save it just in case your device crashes.
- Media Creation Tool is rather simple to download, requiring no extra steps.
- Once you have it on your computer, you will have to run it as an administrator. The MCT will open up and display a screen detailing the terms of the license. Once you have accepted such terms, you'll be good to go. Afterwards, you can see the two options, install the latest version of Windows 10 on your PC or create installation media.
- After you choose the option you desire, it will download the appropriate version.
After you download the Installation Assistant:
- The design is rather simplistic and straightforward.
- Media Creation Tool will guide you step by step through each process. It displays each option and what will happen if you choose that step.
- It does not have utility beyond downloading the OS version that Microsoft deems best.
- You cannot select which version you want, as is possible with Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool.
Note: Windows 11 Installation Assistant doesn’t run on ARM-based PCs. It’s only supported for PCs using x64 processors. If you need installation media to install Windows 11 on a different PC, see Create Windows 11 Installation Media.