Create Install DVD or USB Flash Drive from Windows 7 Download Depending on what you downloaded (ISO or .box) and what you have available you can use one of the links below to create boot media.
To use the USB flash drive methods your flash drive must be 4GB or larger and the computer must be able to boot from USB. You could also buy the install DVD if you want.DVD from ISO - If you downloaded the ISO file use a burning program to make a DVD. What exactly are you trying to do? You make a Startup Repair disk from within Windows 7.
Method 1. When Windows 7 Boots Normally
How to create a Windows 7 bootable disk?
A startup repair disk does not reinstall windows 7. Make your own System Repair Disk from the information in this Tutorial:.
- "How to Create a Windows 7 System Repair Disc". "This will show you how to create a Windows 7 system repair disc to be able to use to boot to system recovery options to help recover your Windows 7 installation if you don't have a Windows installation disc, can't find your Windows installation disc, or can't access the recovery options provided by your computer manufacturer.
- A system repair disc is not able to install Windows 7. If you are unable to boot your Windows 7 to create a Windows 7 System Repair Disc, then you could create it on another computer to use on your computer."
How to use the boot disk for Windows 7?
- Then use that Disk for the System Recovery Options:. "System Recovery Options".
- Step 2. Restart your Windows 7 and press any key to start it from the system startup repair disk.Note: If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check the information that came with your computer. You might need to change your computer's BIOS settings.
- "How to Run a Startup Repair in Windows 7". If you were looking for a windows 7 ISO download:.
- Microsoft does not supply Windows 7 ISO downloads for OEM preinstalled operating system Product Keys for Dell, HP, etc.
Method 2. When Windows 7 Won't Boot
How to create a Windows 7 startup repair disc?
As it came preinstalled:. Here are the Key/s to press at Boot to reinstall the operating system (new condition). Under each Manufacturer in the list below are the instructions in the respective links for you to follow on how to use their Recovery Partition.
Acer – Press Left Alt + F10 Keys. Advent – Tap F10 until Starting System Recovery appears. Asus – Press F9.
- Dell – Press F8 which will bring up Advanced Boot Options http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?docid=DSN_362066.
- eMachines: Press Left Alt Key + F10. Fujitsu – Press F8. Gateway: Press Alt + F10 Keys - As Acer owns them: press Left Alt + F10 Keys as per Acer eRecovery.
How to use the bootable disc for Windows 7?
- HP – Press F11 repeatedly. Lenovo – Press F11. Packard Bell: Press and hold the ALT key while pressing repeatedly the F10 key.
- Release the keys when a message displays that Windows is loading files. Samsung – Press F4. Sony Vaio – Tap F10 until the Edit Boot Options screen is displayed.
- Toshiba – Press 0 (zero). If preinstalled, you can also contact your Laptop/Computer Manufacturer and ask them to send you a set of Recovery Disks.
They should do that for a small cost, IF they still have them available (Most don't). You can also borrow the exact same edition of Windows 7 Retail DVD and use your Product Key on the COA sticker to reinstall the operating system.