Choose a time that works best for you to install the upgrade. You'll then need to restart your device and complete the installation. After that, your device will be running Windows 11.
Also note the following:. If you want to install the upgrade now, select Start > Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates. If the upgrade is available, you can choose to install it. If you run into problems updating your device, including problems with previous major updates, see common fixes at Troubleshoot problems updating Windows, or use Fix Windows update issues to step you through the troubleshooting process.
How to use the Windows 10 ISO
If you're warned by Windows Update that you don't have enough space on your device to install the upgrade, see Free up space for Windows updates.
If you experience internet connection issues while updating your device, see Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows. Learn more about upgrading to Windows 11 at Upgrade to Windows 11: FAQ. Get more info about Windows UpdateCheck for updates.
When the Windows 10 November 2021 Update is ready for your device, it will be available to download from the Windows Update page in Settings.
Choose a time that works best for you to download the update. You'll then need to restart your device and complete the installation. After that, your device will be running Windows 10, version 21H2. (To check whether you're already running the November 2021 Update, select View update history on the Windows Update settings page.) Also note the following:.
How to download a Windows 10 21H1 ISO from Microsoft
If you want to install the update now, select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates.
- If updates are available, install them.
- If version 21H2 isn't offered automatically through Check for updates, you can get it manually through the Windows Update Assistant.
- If you run into problems updating your device, including problems with previous major updates, see common fixes at Troubleshoot problems updating Windows, or use Fix Windows update issues to step you through the troubleshooting process.
- If you're warned by Windows Update that you don't have enough space on your device to install the update, see Free up space for Windows updates.
- If you experience internet connection issues while updating your device, see Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows.
- If you're still running Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 and want to make the move to Windows 10, you can learn more at Upgrade to Windows 10: FAQ.
Get more info about Windows UpdateCheck for updates. Find information on known issues and the status of the rollout for Windows 10, version 21H1.
Install Windows 10 21H1
Looking for a specific issue? Press CTRL + F (or Command + F if you are using a Mac) and enter your search term(s). Want the latest Windows release health updates? Follow @WindowsUpdate on Twitter. Windows 10, version 21H1 is designated for broad deployment.
- As always, we recommend that you update your devices to the latest version of Windows 10 as soon as possible to ensure that you can take advantage of the latest features and advanced protections from the latest security threats.
- For more details, see How to get the Windows 10 May 2021 Update.
- This table offers a summary of current active issues and those issues that have been resolved in the last 30 days.
- Some apps might render images outside the app's window or expected location.
After installingKB5011543, some apps might render content incorrectly or outside of the app's window. Affected apps are using WebView2 to render content generated locally or downloaded from the internet.
Resolution: This issue is resolved using Known Issue Rollback (KIR). Please note that it might take up to 24 hours for the resolution to propagate automatically to consumer devices and non-managed business devices.
- Restarting your Windows device might help the resolution apply to your device faster.
- For enterprise-managed devices that have installed an affected update and encountered this issue can resolve it by installing and configuring a special Group Policies listed below.
- Important Verify that you are using the correct Group Policy for your version of Windows.
- Group Policy downloads with Group Policy name:. Download for Windows Sever 2022 - KB5011558 Issue 001 Rollback.
- Download for Windows 10, version 2004, Windows 10, version 20H2 and Windows 10, version 21H1 - KB5011543 Issue 001 Rollback.
- Important: You will need to install and configure the Group Policies specific to your version of Windows to resolve this issue.
- To configure the special Group Policy use the following steps:.
If the KIR Group Policy has not been installed, install it from the link above. Open Group Policy Editor, navigate to either Local Computer Policy or the Domain policy on your domain controller then: Administrative Templates ->
Note: You might need to select the Windows 10 version that use the same update as a version of Server you are using. For example, you might need to select Windows 10, version 1809 if you are using Windows Server 2019.