The Green Bay Packers have been able to re-sign many of their free agents this offseason including Aaron Jones, Kevin King, and Marcedes Lewis. And don’t forget that David Bakhtiari and Kenny Clark were also scheduled to become free agents this spring but both re-signed ahead of time.
Packers 2022 free agents
Unfortunately, many more talented players on the roster will soon be hitting free agency. Below is a list of the Packers‘ upcoming unrestricted free agents following the 2021 season.
Davante Adams, WR. Jaire Alexander, CB (fifth-year option). Robert Tonyan, TE. Marquez Valdes-Scantling, WR. Equanimeous St. Chandon Sullivan, CB. Josh Jackson, CB. Lucas Patrick, G. Devin Funchess, WR. Will Redmond, S. Oren Burks, ILB. Hunter Bradley, LS. Let’s start with Jaire Alexander as there’s a good chance the All-Pro cornerback won’t be a free agent at the end of this season.
But All-Pro and Pro Bowl wide receiver Davante Adams will be a free agent. One of the best wide receivers in football, don’t be surprised if the team aims to work out a long-term deal sooner rather than later.
Automate build configuration across cloud providers.
Even if Alexander isn’t a free agent next offseason, three other cornerbacks also have expiring contracts. Kevin King’s one-year prove-it deal will be up, while Chandon Sullivan and Josh Jackson are also set to be free agents.
|Elastic Stack (formerly X-Pack) Functionality||Alternatives|
|Elasticsearch Security (formerly X-Pack Security)||Sematext Cloud or Enterprise|
|Elasticsearch Alerting (formerly X-Pack Alerting)||Sematext Cloud|
|Elasticsearch Monitoring (formerly X-Pack Monitoring)||Sematext Cloud Elasticsearch integration, Prometheus, Datadog, New Relic, etc.|
|Reporting (formerly X-Pack Reporting)||Sematext Cloud|
|Graph (formerly X-Pack Graph)||Kibi|
DIY: Cytoscape.js, Visjs.org (open source)
(formerly X-Pack Machine Learning)
|Sematext Cloud and Enterprise|
|Elasticsearch Support||Sematext production support for Elasticsearch and ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), from Elasticsearch 1.x and up!|
If the Packers ever needed more reasons to draft a cornerback or two, consider the fact they could lose multiple corners in free agency in 2022.
Extending Packer with Plugins
- Use Terraform to launch completely provisioned and configured machine instances with Packer images in seconds. Identical images allow you to run dev, staging, and production environments across platforms. By provisioning instances from stable images installed and configured by Packer, you can ensure buggy software does not get deployed.
- Keep dev, staging, and production environments as similar as possible by generating images for multiple platforms at the same time. Generate new machine images for multiple platforms, launch and test, and verify the infrastructure changes work; then, use Terraform to put your images in production.
- Create software appliances and disposable product demos quickly, even with software that changes continuously. Set up HCP Packer in minutes to start tracking Packer images across your provisioning pipeline. Extend Packer’s functionality without modifying Packer core. Plugins are capable of adding these components:.
- Start by following a tutorial to create a simple vm image with Packer or learn about how the project works by exploring the documentation. X-ReyVersion 1.3. has been released. Those who have donated already will have the program emailed to them already.I will be requiring a minimum donation of $13 for the program.What does the program do?:.
- Green Bay does not have to worry about losing Davante Adams in free agency. Now that Adams is back in fold for at least the 2022 season, the Packers must sort out the depth around him at wide receiver. The Packers can match any offers that come in for Lazard since he is a restricted free agent, but they could lose Valdes-Scantling in free agency.
- Equanimeous St. Brown and Malik Taylor are also out of contract, so there could be some major reworking of the depth at wide receiver. Additionally, the Packers have to decide what to do with tight end Robert Tonyan, who is an unrestricted free agent.
Ready to get started?
He may be viewed as damaged goods by other franchises because of his torn ACL, which might help the Packers bring him back on an inexpensive contract.
Green Bay could attempt to re-sign all of its free agents or it could put trust in Amari Rodgers to step up alongside Adams and Randall Cobb. The Packers could draft a wide receiver in that situation.
How Green Bay manages the wide receiver room will be interesting to watch as it tries to give Rodgers the best set of offensive weapons possible to make another run at the Super Bowl.
Rapid Infrastructure Deployment
- Sematext Cloud and Enterprise – Sematext Cloud provides scheduled queries and reports the results via e-mail, with included PNG snapshots.
- Skedlerprovides easy scheduling of PDF, XLS and PNG reports for Kibana dashboards. Paid plans are only a few hundred dollars per year.
- Sentinl,Kibana and Kibi plugin for reporting. Think of it as a free and independent “Watcher” which also has scheduled “Reporting” capabilities (PNG/PDFs snapshots).
Elastic Stack Graph generates nodes and edges for graphs and extends Kibana with a graph display to explore relations.
- Kibi is a kept-in-sync fork which extends Kibana with a relational data model and the ability to do joins over multiple indices. In addition, it supports relational data from SQL databases. The enterprise edition includes graph visualization, alerting & reporting, security features, additional components and support.
- Kbn_network Kibana 5 plugin. Open source and free Kibana 5 plugin for network visualization with Apache 2 license.
- DIY: Cytoscape.js, Visjs.org (open source)
- Sematext Cloud and Enterprise – Sematext Cloud provides anomaly detection for performance metrics and logs, based on a series of machine learning algorithms. It automatically computes the baseline values for metrics or results of saved searches and triggers alert notifications when new data goes out of bounds of the baseline range.
- Knowiis a business intelligence tool, natively supporting many SQL and NoSQL data sources including Elasticsearch. Knowi recently addedmachine learning capabilities, combining BI and AI in a single platform, to support predictive and prescriptive analytics.
Increased Dev / Production Parity
- Elastic offers support for recent versions of Elasticsearch and commercial Elastic extensions. and force users to upgrade frequently. Each Elasticsearch release has some breaking changes and it is very hard for users to update their applications in a similar fast cycle.
- Sematext – Sematext delivers enterprise-class, worldwide production support for Elasticsearch and ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), from Elasticsearch 1.x and up!
And there you have it! It turns out there are lots of options to pick from and, with time, we are bound to see more and even better alternatives.
Sematext Cloud brings all the Elastic Stack features under one roof and manages the cluster for you!
Try it free for 14 days!See our plans
Free for 14 days. No credit card required
Want to learn more about Elasticsearch and the rest of the Elastic Stack? Don’t forget to download the Cheat Sheet you need. Here they are:
Elasticsearch DevOps Cheat Sheet
Elasticsearch Developer Cheat Sheet
Then, subscribe to our blog or follow @sematext. If you need any help with Elasticsearch, Logstash, and friends – don’t forget that Sematext provides Elasticsearch Consulting, Elasticsearch Production Support, and offer Elasticsearch Training!
See our upcomingElasticsearch / ELK Stack Online Training courses, covering: Intro to Elasticsearch, Elasticsearch Operations and Elasticsearch for Logging.